Country: South Africa
City/State Location: Remote
Job Type: Contract
Do you have a passion for data and support of world-class tech
Do you have a strategic and tactical viewpoint, strong problem solving skills and a deep sense of curiosity?
Are you naturally curious, finding patterns from a big data set is not a chore but an exciting puzzle to be solved?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to sky rocket into the tech world of data after graduating?
If YES, then we want to hear from you!
Avenu Technologies is a growing leader in property lending tech in the US, expanding rapidly. Our Data Engineering team is excited to give back their knowledge and skills and invest in a graduate who has a love for all things data!
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn, grow and gain substantial experience from a team from all over the world. In addition, should you excel, your internship will be followed by a permanent position within the company.
- South African ID
- B.Sc in Statistics/Computer Science/Engineering or related quantitative field
- Must have a 65% or above aggregate
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc. It is a plus if you can share a portfolio of clear, intuitive and insightful visualizations.
- Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
Top skills / technologies:
- ETL /Data warehousing
- RDBMS/Data Modelling
Benefits and Perks
Along with an incredibly unique opportunity that offers unmatched potential for personal and professional growth, Avenu offers a fun and casual work environment that provides each team member with the best tools and proper support to do amazing and rewarding work. In addition, we offer all employees the following benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Share Allocation
- Medical Aid, Provident Fund and Risk cover
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Remote Work
- Flexible Working Hours
- And so much more!
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avenu and the country where you work.
Please reach out to us on email@example.com with your resume and cover letter, clearly indicating which role you are applying for. Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY (POPI)
In line with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect 01 July 2021, we are obliged by legislation to ensure that reasonable measures are implemented and followed to protect your privacy and the right to access of information.
By uploading your CV and profile to our website or in response to a specific job advert, we will collect, use and store the following personal data about you:
- The data you have provided in e-mail correspondence, a covering letter, your Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as any other written correspondence.
- The personal data you have provided on our application form which include:
- Title / Surname / First Names / ID or Passport Number / Preferred Name / Nationality / Work Permit Status / Contact Telephone Numbers / Email Address / Home Address / Languages Spoken/ Equity Status / Gender / Operational Requirements / Disclosure regarding criminal history and previous disciplinary history and any other data you provide to us during interviews.
- Personal Data that is provided by your referees by way of telephonic or written references.
In the event that you fail to provide personal data relevant to the application process or specific position you applied for or provide inaccurate data, we may not be able to consider and process your application further.
Your data is collected by us from the following sources:
- Yourself, being the candidate, our website, a specific response to an advert or by referral from a 3rd party Recruitment Associate.
- Publicly accessible sources such as LinkedIn, using the personal information as shown in your personal profile.
- Referees as stipulated by you. This data will include your full name, position held, period of employment, responsibilities held, work performance during employment as well as reason for leaving.
- We highly recommend that you remove any non-essential or sensitive personal information from your CV and profile.
Your personal data and sensitive personal data will be us for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you about available vacancies and the recruitment process.
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for applicable positions.
- Obtain references and background checks when necessary.
USE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Your sensitive personal data will only be used as far as permitted by Law.
- The data used about your nationality and/or employment equity status will be for the purpose of ensuring you comply with the clients Employment Equity policy requirements as necessary for a specific role.
- Data about your disability status will be used to ensure that appropriate provisions are available in the event of tests or interviews that must be conducted.
By registering as a candidate or applying for a specific job, your CV will be shared to Avenu Technologies, Inc, its affiliates and 3rd Party Associates for the specific purpose of recruitment.
Your personal information will not be shared or sold to any 3rd party which is not affiliated to Avenu Technologies, Inc and will only be used for the sole purpose of a job application and the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will be retained by us for a period of 3 years after your last application date. We further retain your personal data to be considered for any similar positions that you might be suitable for. Please ensure your data is kept up to date at all times by logging into our online portal or in writing via email.
- All personal data will be safely and securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Avenu Technologies, Inc will store your personal data until you ask us in writing to delete your CV and profile or if you have not engaged with our services for a period of 3 years or more.
PARTICIPATION & RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data held. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data on our records and to ensure we are lawfully processing it.
- Request the correction of your personal data which will enable you to have any inaccurate or incomplete data corrected.
- Request to erase, halt or object your personal data being processed or used. In this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting information to Avenu Technologies, Inc and its affiliates, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for and of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.