Country: South Africa
City/State Location: Remote
Job Type: Permanent
Avenu Technologies is a growing leader in prop tech and financial lending services, with headquarters in Utah, and footprints throughout the world. We combine exceptional technology, talent, best practices and strategic relationships with game-changing solutions.
We are looking to hire a forward-thinking mid-senior level Front-End Developer to support our growth team. If you love solving complex system design challenges and are a curious, persistent, and enthusiastic team player — you will fit right in!
You will design and develop new features and strengthen our existing to help us develop a consistent experience across our product. You will partner closely with members of our back-end team, helping to balance between launch timelines and product perfections.
- Templating frameworks (RactiveJS), and CSS pre-processors (LESS).
- Work closely with back-end developers in building dynamic, data-driven components used within the application.
- Work within an agile/scrum process (Jira) to develop software and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the team’s set of best practices, standards, and coding guidelines and drive alignment across all platform components.
- Work closely with and incorporate feedback from product management, interaction designers, back-end engineers, and other UI engineers.
- Continuously optimize user-friendliness and client-side performance of existing features (tech debt).
- Maintain a keen eye for clean, elegant design with close attention to detail and pixel-perfect implementation across all major browsers.
- Build interfaces which meet the diverse needs of customers across devices and platforms.
- Working with design software applications such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Rapidly fix bugs and suggest user experience enhancements.
- Working with GIT and Stash.
- Working with IntelliJ or similar IDE.
- Working with SQL databases and scripts.
- Working with mailers and CRM tools (SendGrid).
- South African ID or valid RSA Work Permit
- Relevant IT/Computer Science qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience building and maintaining software in a Front-End focused role
- Love creating data-rich visualizations and exceptional user experiences
- Critical thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Technologies & Tools:
- CSS (LESS)
- Abode Photoshop
- GIT, Stash
- MS SQL, MySQL
Benefits and Perks
Along with an incredibly unique opportunity that offers unmatched potential for personal and professional growth, Avenu offers a fun and casual work environment that provides each team member with the best tools and proper support to do amazing and rewarding work. In addition, we offer all employees the following benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Share Allocation
- Medical Aid, Provident Fund and Risk cover
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Remote Work
- Flexible Working Hours
- And so much more!
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avenu and the country where you work.
Please reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, clearly indicating which role you are applying for. Should you not hear from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY (POPI)
In line with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect 01 July 2021, we are obliged by legislation to ensure that reasonable measures are implemented and followed to protect your privacy and the right to access of information.
By uploading your CV and profile to our website or in response to a specific job advert, we will collect, use and store the following personal data about you:
- The data you have provided in e-mail correspondence, a covering letter, your Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as any other written correspondence.
- The personal data you have provided on our application form which include:
- Title / Surname / First Names / ID or Passport Number / Preferred Name / Nationality / Work Permit Status / Contact Telephone Numbers / Email Address / Home Address / Languages Spoken/ Equity Status / Gender / Operational Requirements / Disclosure regarding criminal history and previous disciplinary history and any other data you provide to us during interviews.
- Personal Data that is provided by your referees by way of telephonic or written references.
In the event that you fail to provide personal data relevant to the application process or specific position you applied for or provide inaccurate data, we may not be able to consider and process your application further.
Your data is collected by us from the following sources:
- Yourself, being the candidate, our website, a specific response to an advert or by referral from a 3rd party Recruitment Associate.
- Publicly accessible sources such as LinkedIn, using the personal information as shown in your personal profile.
- Referees as stipulated by you. This data will include your full name, position held, period of employment, responsibilities held, work performance during employment as well as reason for leaving.
- We highly recommend that you remove any non-essential or sensitive personal information from your CV and profile.
Your personal data and sensitive personal data will be us for the following purposes:
- Communicate with you about available vacancies and the recruitment process.
- Assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for applicable positions.
- Obtain references and background checks when necessary.
USE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Your sensitive personal data will only be used as far as permitted by Law.
- The data used about your nationality and/or employment equity status will be for the purpose of ensuring you comply with the clients Employment Equity policy requirements as necessary for a specific role.
- Data about your disability status will be used to ensure that appropriate provisions are available in the event of tests or interviews that must be conducted.
By registering as a candidate or applying for a specific job, your CV will be shared to Avenu Technologies, Inc, its affiliates and 3rd Party Associates for the specific purpose of recruitment.
Your personal information will not be shared or sold to any 3rd party which is not affiliated to Avenu Technologies, Inc and will only be used for the sole purpose of a job application and the recruitment process.
- Your personal data will be retained by us for a period of 3 years after your last application date. We further retain your personal data to be considered for any similar positions that you might be suitable for. Please ensure your data is kept up to date at all times by logging into our online portal or in writing via email.
- All personal data will be safely and securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Avenu Technologies, Inc will store your personal data until you ask us in writing to delete your CV and profile or if you have not engaged with our services for a period of 3 years or more.
PARTICIPATION & RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data held. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data on our records and to ensure we are lawfully processing it.
- Request the correction of your personal data which will enable you to have any inaccurate or incomplete data corrected.
- Request to erase, halt or object your personal data being processed or used. In this event, please email email@example.com
By submitting information to Avenu Technologies, Inc and its affiliates, irrespective as to how such information is submitted, you consent to the collection, collation, processing and storing for and of such information and the use and disclosure of such information in accordance with this policy.